The Corporate Games : An EX-IDF Captain Reveals - "How I worked 5X less hours... and they BEGGED me to stay!" (Kindle Edition)
By Julie Sheranosher
New!: $0.99
Customer Rating:
First tagged by Mitchel M.D. "Mitchel M.D. - ER Doc, entrepreneur and endurance sport fanatic"
Customer tags: time management(5), inspirational true story(5), leadership development(5), entrepreneurship(3), corporate culture(3), corporate rules(2), recovery(2), corporate games(2), overcoming adversity(2), corporate politics, corporate america, army life
This is my journey from a broken workaholic to a happy and appreciated entrepreneur.
I was an officer in the Israeli Defence Forces (a.k.a IDF), and loved every second of it. I was a workaholic, had absolutely no time to eat, sleep or have a personal life and couldn't imagine having a different way of living.
Fortunately, I broke my back and simply couldn't work my 18 hours a day anymore. I was injured, handicapped and in constant pain. The army wasn't going to fire me and I couldn't resign. My life came to a dead end. However, it wasn't in my nature to give up.
I developed a method of my own and started working 5X less hours, got promoted twice and was home by lunch every day.
I was taking care of my health, doing my job and being appreciated for it - all thanks to this simple method I developed, and in less than an hour you will find out how I did it.
This book is not about bragging, nor is it about theory - I was simply put in a situation where I had no other choice and these are the actual steps I took.
I am incredibly lucky to have the support of my family and friends, and without it I would probably be in a wheel chair, writing a completely different book.
I chose to write this book in a free style, because I believe this is the only way to get the message across. In some parts of this book you may dislike me, or other characters due to that style of writing; Please bare in mind, that without those strict commanders, careless subordinates and insensitive corporate rules I would have never become the person I am today, and most certainly would never have had the chance to share this with you. I am grateful to each and every one of them.
Since this is a story that took place in the army, all names and terms were altered.
Now swipe this page and let The Corporate Games begin.
- Rank: #55991 in eBooks
- Published on: 2012-10-25
- Released on: 2012-10-25
- Format: Kindle eBook
- Number of items: 1
No comments:
Post a Comment